WE WELCOME YOU TO THE WASHINGTON, IOWA REFORMED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
The Reformed Presbyterian Church is founded upon the conviction that the Bible is the Word of God.
- We believe it is infallibly inspired and the only rule of our faith and our daily lives.
- We believe that there is one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Eternal Son of God, is the only Redeemer of men; and that He is coming again according to His promise.
- We believe that God is sovereign, in personal salvation We believe that in every area of life.
- We believe that the Christian Faith is relevant for today's problems and life.
- Our full doctrinal beliefs are found in the Westminster Confession of Faith, the Larger and Shorter Catechisms, and the Reformed Presbyterian Testimony.
ABOUT OUR CHURCH
Our denomination traces its lineage to the Presbyterians of Scotland, also known as the Covenanters of Scotland. It had its visible birth in the Reformation Days in Scotland.
The name REFORMED PRESBYTERIAN is best understood when stated, REFORMED AND PRESBYTERIAN. We are Reformed or Calvinistic in doctrine, and Presbyterian or representative in church government.
A few of our distinguishing practices: the exclusive use of the Psalms of the Bible in worship (sung a cappella), a testimony against secret societies, and an emphasis on the Kingdom of Christ in every area of life.
LORD'S DAY SERVICES
- Bible School 9:30 A.M. -- We have classes for all ages.
- Morning Worship 10:30 A.M. -- Features worship with simple Biblical preaching. We seek to assemble together in God's presence to worship Him in spirit and in truth.
- Afternoon Worship 1:15 P.M. -- Features shorter service than morning, but with same emphasis.
We celebrate the Lord's Supper on the first Lord's Day of February, May, August, and November.
OTHER TIMES OF FELLOWSHIP
- Women's Missionary Fellowship meets the first Wednesday of each month.
- Cottage Prayer Meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- Women's Bible Study meets every other Friday
- Youth Group meets at various times during the year
- We have a monthly congregational social
What about children in worship?
Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Do not forbid them."
- Children and infants are welcome in our worship services, prayer meetings, and psalm sings. We want our children to never remember a time when they did not attend church.
- We have rooms for sleeping and nursing infants, as well as a staffed nursery for small children to play quietly. The service is piped into these rooms. Ask for directions when you arrive.